How Karl-Heinz Rudolph and the pots found common ground
1949 until 1951
Actually, the story begins in 1949, with the testing of the North German pottery factory, Ringelheim (Harz), which was for sale. Here Karl-Heinz Rudolph produced flower pots over 3 months, until an industrial accident on August 18th,1949 put an end to it. The loss of 3 fingers of his right hand not only resulted in a longer hospital stay, but also meant the end of the idea of an own production (for now).
Karl-Heinz Rudolph, however, could not be beaten down! An idea, spun during a spontaneous car trip with his friend Günther in 1950, led to the foundation of the company K. H. Rudolph Nursery Supply. The first warehouse was in old artillery barracks, the second in an air raid shelter in Hamburg.